iTunes Clean Up: How to Delete Duplicate Tracks, Add Incomplete Track Information and All Album Art

Would you like to find out what those-in-the-know have to say about iTunes Clean Up: How to Delete Duplicate Tracks, Add Incomplete Track Information and All Album Art? The information in the article below comes straight from well-informed experts with special knowledge about iTunes Clean Up: How to Delete Duplicate Tracks, Add Incomplete Track Information and All Album Art.

My digital music collection should have been my pride and joy. After downloading and sharing with my friends I had accumulated over 250 GB of music on my hard drive. The problem was that when I uploaded this music into my iTunes library it became almost unusable. My music had come from so many different sources that there was duplicates of individual tracks. Many of the songs had missing information and were just displayed as "unknown track" by "unknown artist". What a nightmare!

You can see that there's practical value in learning more about iTunes Clean Up: How to Delete Duplicate Tracks, Add Incomplete Track Information and All Album Art. Can you think of ways to apply what's been covered so far?

When you have a lot of missing information in iTunes it makes searching for songs very difficult. Imagine you want to listen to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. So you type "Nirvana" in your iTunes search box. When nothing shows up you know that when you ripped your CD onto your iTunes there was a problem with the track information. By default the artist would have been categorized as "unknown artist". You know the track is from the album "Nevermind" so now you try searching for this instead. This time you get 12 results that say "unknown track" from the album "Nevermind." So it looks like some of the track information is there but it is incomplete. You now have to listen to each track individually until you discover which one is the track you are after. What a headache!

Duplicate tracks are equally if not more annoying than missing information. In theory you should just read through your iTunes library and delete anything you see twice. If you sort the track names alphabetically this should be straightforward. The problem is that in most cases there is misspelt, inaccurate or missing information so it is very difficult to ascertain whether you have identified a duplicate or not. If you have a large music collection containing several hundred gigabytes of music as I did this is a huge task and will take many hours of repetitive and tiring work.

When you try to manually add missing album art it is a very labour intensive process too. Where should I look for the artwork? What size should I download? Is it legal? It can be very slow.

How to organize iTunes the easy way

There was no way I could have sorted out my iTunes library without some help. So I started researching on the internet what I could do. I discovered that there are a number of programmes that can help you organize your iTunes library. After a few hours reading reviews it became obvious that everyone in the know recommended the same one. I promptly downloaded the software and set it to work. It was extraordinarily simple and once installed it basically ran itself. After the programme had gone through my whole library I was amazed to see:

All the duplicate tracks had been deleted leaving only the best quality copy
The missing album art was now there
Every track had artist, track and album information
The misspellings were gone


Brilliant! So how does this amazing piece of software work? I haven't got a clue! But believe me it does work, it works very well indeed. For a free trial and more information please see the resource box below.
To see a video of all the functions visit: Clean Up iTunes

Or here Organize iTunes

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Miranda_Windsor

I hope that reading the above information was both enjoyable and educational for you. Your learning process should be ongoing--the more you understand about any subject, the more you will be able to share with others.

Related Articles :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

VIDEO

ENTER-TAB1-CONTENT-HERE

RECENT POSTS

ENTER-TAB2-CONTENT-HERE

POPULAR POSTS

ENTER-TAB3-CONTENT-HERE
 

WebZoneMe Copyright © 2010 - Some Rights Reserved - Powered By WebZoneMe